Would you like to
Join Our Team?
If no positions are listed, you can still submit your resume using the form on the right. We look forward to meeting you!
Are you the right person to fit our team? Are we the right team for you? Are you interested in seeing your designs come to life while being an integral part of the entire process?
We are looking for a Project Designer, responsible for daily design and technical development of projects, to work collaboratively on a wide range of residential projects. This is an opportunity for a creative designer with initiative and ambition. Each of our clients are unique and require a fresh perspective. You will work in collaboration with our design, trade, and production team, following our design-build process.
Your duties will include the following:
- Meet with clients and understand their goals and needs
- Investigate the existing home and comprehend challenges and opportunities
- Develop multiple conceptual design solutions
- Refine design "development" solutions through computer modeling and material collages
- Work with our Production Manager and Trade partners on budget solutions
- Manage the selection process with the client, including selecting fixtures and finishes
- Develop construction drawings for design solutions
- Work in collaboration with our production team, handle construction questions
Desired Traits / Skills:
- Sense of humor, willingness to learn and grow
- Proven ability to self-manage with a commitment to quality
- Ability to guide people through discussion points to achieve decisions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, working in a team setting
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously while working within deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills with all levels of employees, management, clients, and outside vendors
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years of residential construction design experience.
- Proficient in a BIM software with demonstrated space planning skills. We utilize Vectorworks and while Vectorworks proficiency is a plus, it is not required. (If you have mastered other BIM software, you can/will pick up Vectorworks.)
- Strong construction assembly and detailing knowledge.
- Proficient graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills - typing, documentation, cloud-based collaboration.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation package. This is a full-time position. If this describes you and you are excited about this opportunity, please contact us.